Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Art Yarn!

When I started spinning 6years ago I was obsessed with spinning smooth, thin and consistent yarn. I learned to spin any weight from bulky to socks in 2ply, 3ply and even came to love navajo plying. I loved spinning, and spent most of my free time that wasn't processing fiber spinning with my many spindles or wheels. But there was something else to be done that I just had to try. Art yarn! When I found the beautiful textural treats that other spinners were making I fell in love. I started with thick and thin, after 6years of spinning thin, consistent yarns this was harder than one would think. The art of letting go had to be learned. I soon started adding more texture with curls, coils and locks. I taught myself to make coils and I was hooked. Then corespun became of of my favorite yarns very quickly, the freedom to create on a whim is intoxicating. I love my art yarns! Yes, you can knit or crochet them. You can make funky small projects like scarfs, hats and other accessories. You can add them to larger projects for added texture and special touches like trims or accents. And ofcourse you can roll them up in a bowl or hang over a hook just to display them! For the fibery addicted like me art yarns are a feast for all senses! Let go your sense of control and enjoy the pure fun and pleasure of art yarn!


No comments:

Post a Comment